Depending on what you have on hand in your kitchen you can throw this dinner together buy picking up a few fresh ingredients for as little as $15 (especially if you shop at Trader Joe’s). I always have olive oil, oregano, basil, salt and crushed garlic on hand. Once you stock up on these…
Mac and cheese is another favorite of mine I am so happy I found this recipe and I will be trying it out soon i’ll let you guys know how it taste’s
Nonstick cooking spray
4 ounces whole wheat macaroni
1/2 cup onion-garlic puree (see “Rocco’s Secret Weapon,” below)
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 cup shredded 50 percent reduced-fat cheddar
1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Mist an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set it aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook according to package directions, drain.
- Meanwhile, bring onion-garlic puree, mustard, and cayenne to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often. Whisk in cheddar until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in yogurt.
- In a medium bowl, toss the macaroni with the cheese sauce. Season with salt to taste. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle panko over the top. Top with Parmesan.
- Bake until Parmesan is melted and macaroni is hot throughout, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition facts per serving (about 2/3 cup): 237 calories, 17g protein, 31g carbohydrate, 7g fat (4g saturated), 3g fibe